Designed to take the performance of the award-winning Classic Series to a new level, Pro-Ject’s ‘The Classic EVO’ adds advanced technology from Pro-ject's best turntables to an iconic, vintage-inspired design. The two-piece plinth may bring back memories of turntables of yore, but make no mistake – under the hood it’s a thoroughly modern machine. Where suspended turntables of years past used fussy springs to reduce vibration, The Classic EVO uses TPE bushings (thermoplastic elastomer) to isolate the motor and tonearm. The tonearm also got the royal treatment. The Classic EVO features a 9″ arm with the bearings used in their 9, 10 and 12cc Evolution tonearms for smooth, precise tracking of your records. The platter (internally damped) and sub-platter are made from CNC-machined aluminum to provide more rotational mass resulting in impeccable vibration resistance and enhanced speed stability.
This is a Special Order item. Cartridge not included.
- Diamond cut precision alu sub-platter
- Improved sandwich subchassis
- Sumiko Moonstone MM cartridge
- Belt drive with electronic speed control 33/45 rpm
- Height adjustable decoupling feet
- Precision balanced TPE-damped aluminium-platter
- Metal/MDF sandwich chassis floating on TPE suspension
- 9” carbon/aluminium tonearm with MM & MC capability
- Inverted EVO bearing design
- Ring type arm bearing, massive and open to release resonance
- Fully adjustable azimuth and VTA
- TPE damped counterweight
- Classic wooden chassis in 2 satin finishes (walnut, eucalyptus)
- Dustcover included
- Handmade in Europe
- Nominal speeds: 33/45/78 r.p.m.
- Speed variance 33: ±0.13 %, 45: ±0.12 %
- Wow and flutter 33: ±0.11 %, 45: ±0.10 %
- Signal to noise: 71dB
- Effective tonearm mass: 13.5g
- Effective tonearm length: 9 ” (230mm)
- Overhang: 18mm
- Power consumption: 5W/ >0.5W standby mode
- Outboard power supply 15V/ 0.8 A DC, universal power supply
- Weight 10.5 kg / 23 lbs.
- Dimensions 35.1 × 46.2 × 13.1 cm