A Masterpiece From Ortofon
A perfect combination of Japanese and Danish craftsmanship and technique, the SPU Wood A is beautiful in finish and form, as well as in its sonic expression.
The SPU Wood A unique characteristics includes an outstanding housing made of Japanese Beech wood, famous for its strength and hardness. For the exclusive surface treatment, the 6000 years old Japanese Urushi lacquer method was chosen in order to achieve a hard, resistant and beautiful multilayer surface in dark maroon colour.
The wooden housing has a strong influence resulting in a very pleasant, open, dynamic, straightforward and present tone range characteristic for the SPU sound.
- Output Voltage at 1000 Hz, 5cm/sec.: 0.18 mV
- Channel Balance at 1 kHz: 1,5 dB
- Channel Separation at 1 kHz: 20 dB
- Channel Separation at 15 kHz: 10 dB
- Frequency Range at -3 dB: 20-25.000 Hz
Frequency Response: 20-25.000 Hz
- Tracking Ability at 315Hz at Recommended Tracking Force: 70 µm
- Compliance, Dynamic, Lateral: 10 µm/mN
- Stylus Type: Spherical
- Stylus Tip Radius: R 18 µm
- Tracking Force Range: 3.0-5.0 g (30-50 mN)
- Tracking Force, Recommended: 4.0 g (40 mN)
- Tracking Angle: 20°
- Internal Impedance, DC resistance: 2.5 ohm
- Recommended Load Impedance: > 10 ohm
- Cartridge Body Material: Wood
- Cartridge Colour: Dark maroon
- Cartridge Eeight: 31 g