The MC A Mono is a TRUE MONO cartridge for play-back of MONO recordings.
If you play a MONO record with a stereo cartridge you will not achieve the same signal in the two channels due to imperfections such as crosstalk, noise, phase errors, tracking error, anti-skating and distortion. This difference between the channels will result in an unstable and partially fuzzy image. A mono switch can improve this.
Playing a MONO record with a TRUE MONO cartridge will have none of the aforementioned problems, as this cartridge only produces one signal, which afterwards is directed to both channels in the system. This will provide a much more forceful and stable image with a fuller sound.
Another significant advantage of using a TRUE MONO cartridge to play MONO records is the absence of response to vertical movement. This means that a TRUE MONO cartridge is essentially impervious to the pinching effect which comes into action when the stylus is pushed vertically upward in very narrow grooves. In addition, the response to dust, dirt and wear will be reduced substantially as the vertical component will not be heard. The final result will be a much more clean and noiseless reproduction of the MONO record. These effects simply cannot be achieved merely by the use of a mono switch.
- Output voltage at 1000 Hz, 5cm/sec. - 0.2 mV
- Frequency range at - 3dB - 10 Hz - 50 kHz
- Frequency response - 20 Hz-20 kHz +2 dB/- 1 dB
- Tracking ability at 315Hz at recommended tracking force - 90 µm
- Compliance, dynamic, lateral - 13 µm/mN
- Stylus type - Special polished Nude Ortofon Replicant 100 on Boron Cantilever
- Stylus tip radius - r/R 5/100 µm
- Tracking force range - 2.0-2.5 g (20-25 mN)
- Tracking force, recommended - 2.3 g (23 mN)
- Tracking angle - 23°
- Internal impedance, DC resistance - 7 Ohm
- Recommended load impedance - > 10 Ohm
- Coil wire material - Aucurum
- Cartridge body material - SLM Titanium
- Cartridge colour - Silver
- Cartridge weight - 6 gram