The Ortofon Stylus 1S is specified for the Ortofon OM-1S phono cartridge. The 1S has been developed to give as many people as possible access to the superior audio reproduction Ortofon are recognised for worldwide.
Based upon the established Stylus 5E design the 1S is for the Optimum Match (OM) cartridge, which means it integrates onto most tonearms effortlessly. Supplied with a high-performance Spherical stylus, the body can be upgraded with improved styli from the OM range - offering affordable and convenient upgrades for the future.
The Moving Magnet technology used for the generator system means most phono stages will easily work with the 1S.
With the Stylus 1S you can instantly hear the improvement over inferior designs, bringing whole new dimensions to your musical performance.
Ortofon 1S Stylus Technical Data:
- Frequency range at -3dB - 20-20.000 Hz
- Frequency response - 20-22.000 Hz
- Tracking ability at 315Hz at recommended tracking force *) - 60 µm
- Compliance, dynamic, lateral - 20 µm/mN
- Stylus type - Spherical
- Stylus tip radius - R 18 µm
- Tracking force range - 1,5-2,0 g (15-20 mN)
- Tracking force, recommended - 1,75 g (17,5 mN)
- Tracking angle - 20°
- Stylus colour - Black