Opera Callas Diva speakers is the new 3-way floorstander replacing the previous model of the same name. It is designed for use in smaller rooms due to a reduction of volume levels and has a flexible design that can adapt easily to differing environments, providing a natural and dynamic audio performance.
The Callas Diva model features an 8 inch long throw woofer for the reflex loaded low range whilst the mid-range is controlled with a 7 inch annealed polypropylene midrange driver and highs are enjoyed through the 1 inch Scanspeaker 9700 tweeter. This new model maintains the same high quality features as the Grand Callas and offers a flexible system that easily adapts to its environment.
The back radiation system uses 2 tweeters configured as a natural dipole which is almost exactly the same as the one used on the Grand Callas. This back radiation system feeds the reflected field without interference to the direct sound and preserves the accuracy of the transient response. It improves the detail of the sound and creates an open soundstage.
The Callas Diva's cabinet is shaped to ensure a "close listening position" can be achieved so that the listener can be sat as close as a metre and a half away from the speaker and enjoy a three dimensional soundstage. It makes the speaker highly flexible to different situations for example when reverberation time may not be particularly low. The response of the low frequencies can also be modified by closing the reflex port, adding to the flexibility of the speakers.
Available in Mahogany & Walnut Finishes.
- System: Reflex, floor-standing with rear firing radiation system (dypole)
- Front driver: 1 x 8” long-throw woofers, 1 x 7” midrange with polypropylene re-cooked cone and phase plug.
- Frequency Response: 30 -25000 Hz
- 12 dB/ott. For woofers
- 12 dB/ott for midrange
- 12 dB/ott for the front tweeter
- 12 dB/ott for the rear tweeters
- Cross-over frequency: 0000 Hz
- Maximum Power: 240 Watt (without clipping)
- Sensitivity: 90 dB/2.83 Volt/1 meter
- Nominal Impedance: 4 ohm (Z min >3.2 ohm)
- Size: 116 x 37 x 53,5 cm (HxLxD)
- Weight: 65 Kg each including metal base