MartinLogan is proud to announce a new edition of the world's finest full-range electrostatic line source loudspeaker. The CLX artincorporates their most popular upgrades including Art Frame styling (with an additional piece of hardwood), stainless steel binding posts, and premium power cords.
57-Inch CLS™ XStat™ Electrostatic Transducer
MartinLogan's award winning Curvilinear Line Source (CLS) XStat electrostatic (ESL) technology allows smooth unencumbered dispersion of sound throughout the listening area. The result? Perfectly etched imaging and focus achieved through minimal room interaction; optimum natural reproduction of sound with full level response from ultra-linear transducers; reliable operation in open air; compatibility with all electronics; and seamless dispersion of precise sound throughout your listening environment.
Advanced MicroPerf stator technology gives MartinLogan's latest-generation CLS electrostatic transducer almost twice as much exposed diaphragm surface as a traditional electrostatic panel of the same size. This dramatic increase in effective radiating area translates to higher efficiency and an even more effortless, unlimited dynamic presentation. The XStat pulls no punches!
But there's more to it than just putting more holes in the stators. ClearSpar™ spacers stiffen the assembly further across its width. ClearSpars enable precise, consistent tensioning of the Vacuum Bonded diaphragm without obstructing the floating, see-through look that is the visual hallmark of MartinLogan electrostats.
In the end, a speaker cannot outperform the signal feeding it. MartinLogan's state-of-the-art toroidal transformer and electrical interface engineering ensure an absolutely transparent link from amplifier to electrostatic panel. The result is sound of unparalleled purity, precision, clarity, and openness - the next best thing to no speaker at all.
Made in North America.
Finish Options: Available in 3 standard hand-rubbed, real hard-wood finishes; Black Ash, Dark Cherry, and Maple.
Premium Finish Options: Available in Gloss Black, Gloss Black Cherrywood and Gloss White.
- Frequency Response: 56–23,000 Hz ±3dB
- Recommended Amplifier Power: 20—450 watts per channel
- Horizontal Dispersion: 30°
- Vertical Dispersion: 57" (145cm) line source
- Sensitivity: 90 dB/2.83 volts/meter
- Impedance: 6 Ohms, 0.7 at 20kHz Compatible with 4, 6, or 8 Ohm rated amplifiers.
- Crossover Frequency: 360Hz
- High Frequency Transducer: XStat™ CLS™ electrostatic transducer. » Panel Dimensions : 57" x 8.6" (145 x 22cm) » Radiating Area : 490 in² (3,190 cm² )
- Low Frequency Transducer: DualForce™ double diaphragm, triple stator dipole low-frequency electrostatic transducer » Panel Dimensions : 57" x 11.5" (144.8 x 29.2cm) » Radiating Area : 656 in² (4,228 cm²)
- Components: Thick film on alumina substrate resistors, air core coils, polypropylene capacitors, and custom wound toroidal audio transformers
- Inputs: Custom binding posts
- Lighting: Light intensity dimmer controls
- Weight: 110 lbs. (50 kg)
- Dimensions: 70.32" x 25.75" x 14.69" (178.6cm x 65.4cm x 37.3cm)