A Versatile Performer
XT stands for extreme, and for good reason. Motion 60XT speakers play louder, lower, and with unflinching accuracy. Dual 8" woofers and rear-firing bass ports create astonishing deep, precise bass, while a dedicated mid woofer promotes an open, revealing and authentic midrange. Paring this powerful trio with MartinLogan's most accurate Folded Motion XT tweeter creates audible acoustic alchemy that delivers an engaging and encompassing experience, cutting straight to the emotion locked inside your favorite recordings.
Each speaker feature dual sets of custom 5-way binding posts for bi-wire/bi-amp capabilities and powerful rear-firing bass port. Stability is enhanced to create tighter coupling between speaker and floor with the included spikes.
MartinLogan's dedicated in-house engineering team started by utilizing and refining the most advanced, compact technologies and combining them with innovative engineering. The result is an emotionally engaging sound that rivals (and most times trounces) traditional loudspeakers of similar size and price.
Folded Motion® XT Tweeters
The signature Folded Motion tweeters utilize extremely low mass diaphragms that "squeeze" air, and require significantly less excursion than the typical 1-inch dome tweeter, which drastically minimizes distortion while providing a lightning fast response time. The increased surface area also provides a wide, yet controlled sound dispersion to create a realistic and carefully etched sound stage.
The low distortion Folded Motion XT tweeter boasts a radiating surface 40% larger than those found in the award-winning Motion® Series products. This substantial leap in size increases the bandwidth and efficiency of the high-performance tweeter for effortless performance.
Made in North America. Priced for a single speaker.
Available in Gloss Black or Gloss Black Cherrywood Finish.
- Frequency Response: 35–25,000 Hz ±3dB
- Recommended Amplifier Power: 20—400 watts per channel
- Horizontal Dispersion: 80°
- Vertical Dispersion: 30°
- Sensitivity: 94 dB/2.83 volts/meter
- Impedance: 4 Ohms Compatible with 4, 6, or 8 Ohm rated amplifiers.
- Crossover Frequency: 400 & 2,200 Hz
- High Frequency Transducer: 1.25" × 2.4" (3.2cm × 6.1cm) Folded Motion XT Transducer with 4.5" x 2.75" (11.4cm × 7cm) diaphragm
- Mid Frequency Transducer: 6.5” (16.5cm) aluminum cone with cast polymer basket. Sealed chamber format. Rigid structured dust cap to reduce cone break-up modes.
- Low Frequency Transducer: Two 8” (20.3cm) aluminum cone with cast aluminum basket. Non-resonant asymmetrical chamber format. Rigid structured dust cap to reduce cone break-up modes.
- Components: Custom air core coil and low DCR steel laminate inductors. Polypropylene film capacitors in series and low DF electrolytic capacitors in parallel. Tweeter thermal/current protection.
- Inputs: Custom 5-way bi-wire tool-less binding posts
- Weight: 66 lbs. (30 kg)
- Dimensions: 48" x 11.4" x 14.4 " (121.8cm x 29cm x 36.6cm)