MartinLogan's dedicated in-house engineering team has utilized and refined the most advanced, compact technologies and combining them with innovative engineering. The result is an emotionally engaging sound that rivals (and most times trounces) traditional loudspeakers of similar size and price.
Minimalistic Design Featuring Luxurious Real-Wood
Motion 50XT combine high-excursion, black aluminum cone woofers and low-turbulence, rear-firing bass ports, and features 6.5-inch woofers for deeper bass extension, paired with MartinLogan's larger Folded Motion XT tweeter. Each model creates clear, highly dynamic, and precise sound. Premium, five-way binding posts assure a solid connection.
Folded Motion® XT Tweeters
The signature Folded Motion tweeters utilize extremely low mass diaphragms that "squeeze" air, and require significantly less excursion than the typical 1-inch dome tweeter, which drastically minimizes distortion while providing a lightning fast response time. The increased surface area also provides a wide, yet controlled sound dispersion to create a realistic and carefully etched sound stage.
The low distortion Folded Motion XT tweeter boasts a radiating surface 40% larger than those found in the award-winning Motion® Series products. This substantial leap in size increases the bandwidth and efficiency of the high-performance tweeter for effortless performance.
Made in North America.
Available in Black or Gloss Black Cherrywood Finish.
- Frequency Response: 50–25,000 Hz ±3dB
- Recommended Amplifier Power: 20 - 300 watts per channel
- Horizontal Dispersion: 80°
- Vertical Dispersion: 30°
- Sensitivity: 94 dB/2.83 volts/meter
- Impedance: 4 Ohms Compatible with 4, 6, or 8 Ohm rated amplifiers.
- Crossover Frequency: 900 & 2,200 Hz
- High Frequency Transducer: 1.25" × 2.4" (3.2cm × 6.1cm) Folded Motion XT Transducer with 4.5" x 2.75" (11.4cm × 7cm) diaphragm
- Low Frequency Transducer: Two 6.5" (16.5cm) aluminum cone with cast poly- mer basket. Non-resonant asymmetrical chamber format. Rigid structured dust cap to reduce cone break-up modes.
- Components: Custom air core coil and low DCR steel laminate inductors. Polyester film capacitors in series and low DF electrolytic capacitors in parallel. Tweeter thermal/current protection.
- Inputs: Custom 5-way bi-wire tool-less binding posts
- Weight: 30.5 lbs. (13.8 kg)
- Dimensions: 7.6" x 22.8" x 12.8 " (19.2cm x 58cm x 32.6cm)