Break away from pesky USB power noise with the ifi iDefender 3.0!
The iDefender3.0® protects against the common problems of ground loop noise and noisy USB power:
- Breaks noisy ground-loops. Significantly reduces system noise floor and makes for better dynamic contrast, warmth and resolution
- Disconnects the USB Power from the PC and replaces it with a clean external power (optional iPower* 5V for ultra low noise)
- USB3.0 port technology – most advanced and highest USB specification
To be used directly at the Source such as the PC USB port, it breaks ground loops and cuts the noisy USB power line. From computer audiophiles, musicians, home studio artists to pro audio customers, it improves audio playback quality at home and on-the-go.
For DACs that require USB power, to obtain the best sonic performance, the iPower 5V is recommended to supply the iDefender3.0®.
There are more than a few products that break the USB power connection, but of the ones known to us, they do very little because the noisy ground connection remains.
For DACs that do not use USB power (except for handshake) the iDefender3.0® breaks the ground connection eliminating earth loops, while allowing normal handshake operation to continue. So in terms of cutting out the noise, it does it in the most comprehensive way possible while at the same time, in an electrically correct way.
Available in the following connector options:
USB A to USB A
USB C to USB A
USB C to USB C
- Super-Speed USB3.0 (and USB2.0 backwards compatible)
- Connectors: USB3.0 gold-plated connectors
- Dimensions: 48 (l) x 18 (w) x 8 mm (h)
- Weight: 6.5g (0.23oz)
- Warranty period: 12 months