Hi-Res Phono Stage at a Highly Affordable Price
Make the most of your treasured vinyl collection without cutting into your LP budget too deeply. The new ZEN Air Phono from iFi Audio is a hi-res phono stage for turntables that will bring you to a special place of bliss. Based on the award-winning ZEN Series, iFi’s brand new ZEN Air range makes high-performance audio more affordable than ever before.
Enjoy a purer listening experience with the ZEN Air Phono. A phono stage, also called a phono preamp, provides the connection between the record cartridge and the amplifier. Turntable cartridges output a very small signal. This signal needs amplifying up to several hundred times the original size before it is loud enough for your amplifier. A phono stage increases the signal level from millivolts to volts.
Upgrade Your Vinyl Playback
When vinyl was the standard for audio recording, the phono stage was built into receivers and amps, allowing direct connection of a turntable. These days most receivers and amps do not contain a phono stage, so a separate unit is needed. It is a necessity for any turntable without a phono stage already built in. It will also upgrade a basic built-in phono stage in a turntable or amplifier system.
Featuring an audiophile design with a symmetrical channel layout, the ZEN Air Phono delivers high-end performance without a high-end price tag. The ultra-low noise circuity means you will hear every drop of detail against a super-quiet background. Expertly engineered for both MM moving magnet and MC moving coil phono cartridges, it offers precise RIAA equalization to satisfy the most demanding vinyl enthusiasts.
Sophisticated Subsonic Filter
The sophisticated subsonic filter will intelligently detect whether a subsonic frequency is a warp in your LP or a bass note. It will eliminate the warps and let all the bass and mid-range frequencies pass through untouched. Therefore, it will have little effect on the sound quality. And you can turn it off if you don't need it.
- Hi-res phono stage for turntables – make the most of your treasured vinyl collection
- Audiophile design with symmetrical channel layout – high-end performance without the price
- Ultra-low noise – hear every drop of detail against a super-quiet background
- Expertly engineered for MM and MC cartridges
- Precise RIAA equalization to satisfy the most demanding vinyl enthusiasts
- Sophisticated subsonic filter setting for warped records
- Gold-plated RCA inputs/outputs
- Frequency Response: 20Hz -20kHz (±0.15dB)
- Channel Separation: > 75dB (1kHz all modes)
- Max Output Voltage: RMS6.5V RMS 600Ω(<1% THD & N)
- Gain: MM 40dB / MC 64dB
- Input Impedance: MM 47k / MC 1k
- Output Impedance: 100Ω
- SNR MM: (40dB ±1dB), 86dB (A-weighted) re 1V
- SNR MC: (64dB ±1dB), 82dB (A-weighted) re 1V
- Ein (equivalent input noise) (unweighted) 6.5nV | /Hz (unweighted): MC -151dBV (A-weighted); MM -130dBV (A-weighted)
- Total Harmonic Distortion: MC<-80dB / 0.01% re 1V; MM <-90dB / 0.005% re 1V
- Power Consumption: <1.8W
- Dimensions: 6.2" x 4.6" x 1.4"
- Weight: 0.71 lb. / 320 g.