Rothwell Rialto MM/MC Phonostage
The Rialto is a phonostage pre-amp compatible with both moving magnet and low output moving coil cartridges.
The first phonostage to bear the Rothwell name was designed as far back as 1989 and was debuted at the London Hi-Fi Show of 1990 (it was an expensive valve design with many of the features subsequently adopted by other manufacturers, like a large outboard power supply and selectable cartridge loading).
The goal when designing the Rialto was to achieve high-end performance without the high-end price tag. To this end, every effort was put into maximizing sound quality and everything that has no bearing on sound quality was sacrificed.
The Rialto uses discrete components throughout with no op-amps, so the circuit operates in Class A with no crossover distortion. The components are audiophile-grade and the circuit has been designed to achieve low noise even with low output moving coils.
Don't be fooled by the Rialto's affordability. This is a top-flight phonostage.
- Outstanding performance with MM or MC cartridges
- Discrete Class A circuit
- External power supply
- Low power consumption
- Gain MM: 42dB
- Gain MC: 62dB
- Input Impedance MM: 47k + 150pF
- Input Impedance MC: 100R
- Output Impedance: 75R
- Sensitivity For 500mV O/P: 4mV @ 1kHz
- Sensitivity For 500mV MM: 0.4mV @ 1kHz
- Sensitivity For 500mV MC: 20dB
- Headroom: >87dB (MM) / >69dB (MC)
- Signal/Noise: 24 volts DC, center +ve
- Power Supply: 100V - 250V AC
- Mains Voltage: <1W
- Dimensions: 60 x 155 x 92 mm
- Weight: 570g