The micro iDSD Signature features two digital audio inputs – USB Type-A and an S/PDIF socket that accepts both electrical, via a 3.5mm connector, and optical signals with the supplied adapter.
It also houses a pair of RCA analogue outputs to connect to a pair of powered speakers or a power amp and passive speakers, to act as a DAC and preamplifier.
There is a 6.3mm output for headphones that have a standard single-ended connector (headphones with a 3.5mm jack can be connected using an adapter) and different from the Black Label the Signature now features a 4.4mm Pentaconn output for headphones offering a balanced connection.
Both headphone outputs utilise the ‘S-Balanced’ output circuitry. This delivers the sonic benefits of balanced connections with all headphone/earphone types – even those with single-ended connectors – cutting crosstalk and associated distortion in half.
The micro iDSD Signature is a portable DAC and headphone amp intended for use at home, in the office, in a professional system, casual settings, or on the go. It features a specially selected Burr Brown chipset in a Dual Core configuration with PCM384, DSD256 and MQA, or playback up to DSD512 and double speed DXD 705.6/768kHz with a quick complimentary firmware update. With customizable features, turned on/off with the flick of a switch, 3D+, X Bass+, iEMatch, positive or negative polarity, power mode, filter, and direct/preamp, the micro BL handles ultra sensitive In Ear Monitors as well as demanding Over Ear headphones, or speakers with ease. Designed with a femto clock system and a digital engine using custom OV2028 and OV2627 op amps. The analogue section benefits from OS CONs and Panasonic ECPU capacitors. Inputs include digital high speed asynchronous USB 2.0 A male (32bit/768khz), SPDIF Coaxial + Optical, and 3.5mm line in while featuring a digital coax output, 6.3mm jack (1/4 inch adapter included) and RCA line out (2V fixed, 2V-5V variable).
3D+ & XBass+:
- The 3D+ Holographic dual-analogue matrix creates a louder, deeper soundstage that puts the artist with you in the room, not just in your headphones.
- And the XBass+ analogue bass correction system corrects headphone AND speaker bass responses to deliver a deeper, tighter, and richer bass.
- True Native playback of all high resolution music formats from MP3 to DSD512, PCM768 and 2xDXD. Also compatible with MQA.
- Hear music as the artist intended. The Burr-Brown True Native chipset means file formats remain unchanged for the truest sound.
- With output power at 4,100mW, the headphone amplifier in this iFi powerhouse drives headphones with style and aplomb.
- Plus with three power output modes, Eco, Normal and Turbo, it is able to have the power and gain dialed-in perfectly to suit ALL headphones.
- Top-notch operational amplifier. This is iFi/AMR quality at its best. The ‘OV’ ICs are streets ahead of mainstream commercial chips and use HCOFC copper lead-frames and 4N Gold bond-wire.
- Most commercial amplifiers use inexpensive aluminium bond-wire and low- grade/low-cost copper in lead frames.
x2 Dual Core:
- Doubling the DAC chips results in 3dB lower noise floor and better channel separation. Together with power supply advancements and advanced channel interleaving, the noise floor of the micro iDSD BL has been halved.
- All of this equals stellar sonic performance.
- iFi always uses the best components possible. These OS-CON capacitors provide excellent noise reduction and have a long life span.
- Digital Inputs: USB 3.0 type A "OTG" Socket (USB2.0 compatible/with iPurifier® technology built-in) S/PDIF (3.5m coaxial/optical)
- Output: Balanced: 4.4mm, SE: 6.3mm/RCA
- DAC: Bit-Perfect DSD & DXD, PCM DAC by Dual-core Burr Brown
- Clock: Ultra low jitter GMT Femtosecond Clock
- Octa/Quad/Double/Single-Speed DSD,
- DXD (768/705.6/384/352.8kHz),
- Double/Single-Speed DXD
- PCM (768/705.6/384/352.8/192/176.4/96/88.2/48/44.1kHz)
- DSD: Extreme/Extended/Standard Bandwidth
- PCM: Bit-Perfect/Minimum-Phase/Standard
- DXD: Bit-Perfect Processing
- LINE OUTPUT:
- Dynamic Range (Line): >117db(A)
- THD & N (0dBFS Line): <0.003%
- Output Voltage (Line): >2V
- Output Impedance: <240Ω
- Jitter (correlated): Below AP2 test set limit
- HEADPHONE POWER OUTPUT:
- Turbo Mode: Power (max): 10.0V/4,100 mW, Power (continuous): >1,560 mW @ 64 Ohm, >166 mW @ 600 Ohm
- Normal mode: Power (max): 5.5V/1,900 mW
- Power (continuous): >100 mW @ 300 Ohm, >950 mW @ 32 Ohm
- Eco mode: Power (max): 2.0V/500 mW @ 8 Ohm, Power (continuous): >250 mW @ 16 Ohm
- Dynamic Range (HP): >115dB(A) (Eco Mode, 2V Out)
- THD &N (HP 500mW/16R): < 0.008%
- Output Voltage (HP): >10V (Turbo Mode)
- Output Impedance: <1Ω (iEMatch not engaged)
- Maximum Output Power: 4,100 mW @ 16 Ohm Load
- Continuous Output Power: 1,000 mW @ 64 Ohm Load
- Battery: Lithium-polymer 4800mAh
- Power System: Charging via USB-C, BC V1.2 compliant up to1500mA charging current
- Dimensions: 172 x 67 x 27 mm
- 6.8" x 2.6" x 1.1"