Designed for Hi-Fi enthusiasts looking to milk every last bit of fidelity out of their computer setups, the iFi Nano iGalvanic3.0 provides full, galvanic isolation for device audio utilizing USB 3.0 and USB 2.0 connections. The device separates electrical circuits in such a manner that stray current, and thus noise, is eliminated. In this way, the iGalvanic3.0 mitigates issues that might occur due to ground loops or current introduced by AC power. Compatible with any computer system, the unit aims to improve your overall sonic performance by eliminating these noise issues.
The iGalvanic3.0 does all this without sacrificing USB transfer speeds, giving you 5.0 Gbps over USB 3.0 and a variety of speeds over USB 2.0. The device is bit-perfect, and therefore, preserves the endemic sound of your audio with minimal latency and no timing uncertainties. The iGalvanic3.0 also provides iFi’s proprietary clocking technologies: REgenerate/REclock/REbalance are on hand both before and after the galvanic isolation process to ensure flawless transmission of data in both directions.
The unit provides several ground-link options for different environments, all selectable with the flick of a switch. Though it is bus-powered, its Stealth Converter power system provides a low noise floor of 0.5µV to further bolster audio transparency.
- USB Connectors: Host Side: USB 3.0, Type-B, Device Side: USB 3.0, Type-A
- USB Transfer Rates Supported:
- USB 3.0: 5.0 Gbps
- USB 2.0: 480, 12, or 1.5 Mbps (high speed, full speed, and low speed)
- Noise Floor: Output 0.5 µV (0.0000005 V) at 500 mA load
- Input Voltage: 4.5 to 5.5 VDC, USB power
- Output Voltage: 5 V ±3% at 500 mA load
- Output Current: 900 mA max
- Safety Standards Electrical: BS 7671:2008 ELV
- Max Voltage Isolation Device: 3000 Vrms Isolation Voltage per UL 1577
- Dimensions (L x W x H): 3.7 x 2.6 x 1.1"/93 x 67 x 28 mm
- Weight: 4.5 oz/128 g