As part of Chord Electronic's extended 30th-anniversary celebrations in 2019, they have implemented their flagship ULTIMA amplifier topology into a new mono power amplifier, Ultima 2.
First unveiled in October 2018, the new ULTIMA amplifier topology (which to date has been exclusive to the range-topping ULTIMA power amp), is now more affordable than ever having trickled down into the new ULTIMA 2 mono power amp, which shares the same Chord Electronics DNA as in its range-topping cousin.
The new 750-watt ULTIMA 2 is a direct replacement for the SPM 6000 MKII and forms part of Chord's flagship Reference range. The amp has been given a remodelled fascia featuring John Franks’ latest design. The precision CNC-machined fascia is made from aircraft-grade aluminium and features a reassuringly solid 28-mm thick front panel, enhanced by a recessed spherical polycarbonate power button that illuminates for standby and operation modes; a discreet and hidden front panel switch neatly located in the vertical split line, enables the lighting to be dimmed.
The amplifier’s rear panel contains both balanced and unbalanced connections, high-quality loudspeaker terminals, a 12V trigger and a C-19-type IEC.
Available in Black or Silver Finish.
- 1x Balanced XLR Inverted Input
- 1x Balanced XLR Non-inverted Input
- 1x Gold Plated Unbalanced RCA Inverted Input
- 1x Gold Plated Unbalanced RCA Non-inverted Input
- 1x 12v Trigger Input – Chord Electronics Auto Start
- 2x Pair of High Quality, High Current, Gold Plated Type Speaker Terminals (Bi-wireable)
- Output Power: 750w RMS per channel @ 0.005% distortion into 8Ω
- 1305w RMS per channel into 4Ω
- Frequency Response: -1dB @ 0.2Hz to 46kHz and -3dB 0.1Hz to 200kHz
- Signal to Noise Ratio: Better than -89dB
- Input Impedance: 100kΩ Unbalanced/Balanced
- Output Impedance: 0.04Ω
- Gain: 30dB
- Dimensions with included Integra Legs: 18cm (H) x 48cm (W) x 67cm (D)