The SPM 650 is Chord Electronic's most affordable full-width stereo power amplifier and yet it benefits from a range of proprietary technologies common to all of their amplifiers. The entry-level SPM 650 is ideal where space is tight: its compact chassis allows easy positioning in conventional equipment support racks, for an easy-install Chord power amp solution.
As with its stablemates, the SPM 650 features Chord Electronics proprietary high-frequency power supplies plus their own proprietary lateral-structure dual-die MOSFETs. The SPM 650 is a full-size design and despite its svelte appearance, it is capable of driving a wide range of loudspeakers, including low-impedance models.
Capable of delivering 130 watts into 8 ohms, or 170 watts per channel into 4 ohms, the space-saving SPM 650 retains all the famous Chord hallmarks: power, resolution and transparency to name but a few. The SPM 650 is equipped with both balanced and single ended connections, plus gold-plated speaker binding posts, capable of accepting spade or banana cable terminations.
Further features include a high-current mains filter which ensures that the amplifier is shielded from disturbed mains, as well as ensuring that the mains supply is untouched by emissions from the amplifier.
Available in Black or Silver Finish.
- 1x Stereo Pair of Gold Plated Balanced XLR Inputs
- 1x Stereo Pair of Gold Plated Unbalanced RCA Inputs
- 1x 12v Trigger Input – Chord Electronics Auto Start
- 1x Pair of High Quality, High Current, Gold Plated Type Speaker Terminals
- Output Power: 130w RMS per channel @ 0.05% distortion into 8Ω
- Frequency Response: -1dB – 0.2Hz to 46kHz
- Signal to Noise Ratio: Better than -82dB
- Channel Separation: Better than 95dB
- Input Impedance: 100kΩ Unbalanced/Balanced
- Input Capacitance: <30pf
- Output Inductance: 2.6μH
- Slew Rate: 70v per μS 1kHz, 20v Square Wave
- Gain: 30dB
- Stability: Unconditional
- Dimensions Without Integra Legs: 420mm (w) x 355mm (d) x 88mm (h)
- Dimensions With Included Integra Legs: 480mm (w) x 355mm (d) x 128mm (h)
- Weight: 10 kg / 22 lbs.