The fully modernized ULTIMA PRE 2 is built to complement stereo systems of the highest order and represents the finest Chord Electronics engineering inside and out.
Just as a preamplifier should, the ULTIMA PRE 2 adds nothing to the original waveform and instead preserves it with zero colouration. This is thanks to Chord Electronic's latest advances in switch-mode power supply design, developed from aerospace technologies, and their ultra-low-noise proprietary solid-state circuitry which is both carefully shielded and equipped with premium system components. As a result, the ULTIMA PRE 2 is able to achieve unprecedented noise floor performance of -130dB, meaning your source will always sound like your source and nothing else.
Where connectivity is concerned, the ULTIMA PRE 2 has hi-fi systems (and more!) covered. Featuring eight inputs, four stereo pairs of XLRs for balanced connections and another four RCA for unbalanced connections, each of these can be gain-matched and individually selected. For outputs, a single stereo pair is available via XLR or RCA, to accommodate a single stereo amplifier such as the ULTIMA 5 or a pair of mono blocks such as the ULTIMA 3s. Naturally, headphone users are catered for, too, for personal and late-night listening with the addition of a high-resolution 6.35mm output on the front fascia.
Where system-triggering is important, (allowing the simultaneous start-up of connected equipment from a single button-press), the ULTIMA PRE 2 is equipped with three outputs which should be more than enough for most systems.
Available in Black or Silver Finish.
Inputs & Outputs:
- 8 Stereo Inputs and 1 Stereo Outputs
- 4x Stereo Balanced XLR Inputs – Line In 1, Line In 2, Line In 3, and Line In 4
- 4x Stereo Unbalanced RCA Inputs – Line In 5, Line In 6, Tape 1, Tape 2
- 1x Stereo Output – Either via Balanced XLR or Unbalanced RCA
- 2x Stereo Outputs – RCA unattenuated for recording loop
- 1x Stereo Balanced XLR AV Bypass Input
- Frequency Range: 2.5Hz – 200kHz +/- 3dB
- Total Harmonic Distortion: 0.002% 20Hz – 20kHz
- Intermodulation Distortion: -115dB on all inputs
- Signal to Noise Ratio: -120dB on all inputs
- Channel Separation: 20Hz @ 100dB, 1kHz @ 95dB, 10kHz @ 90dB, 20kHz @ 85dB
- Channel Balance: 0.01dB
- Input Max Voltage: 17v RMS Balanced – 8.5v RMS Unbalanced
- Output Max Voltage: 17v RMS Balanced – 8.5v RMS Unbalanced
- Output Offset: 0mV (Both Channels)
- Potentiometer Performance: 0dB 0.5dB, -20dB 0.2dB, -60dB 0.24dB (13seconds Full Travel)
- Nominal Gain: All inputs subject to six levels of switchable gain – x0.5, x1, x1.5, x2, x2.5, and x3
- Input Impedance: 100 kΩ Balanced – 50 kΩ Unbalanced
- Output Impedance: 100Ω (Short Circuit Protected)
- Operating Voltage: 85v – 270v AC (50Hz – 60Hz) Auto Switching
- Power Consumption: 30w
- Dimensions Without Integra Legs: 420mm (w) x 355mm (d) x 133mm (h)
- Dimensions With Included Integra Legs: 480mm (w) x 355mm (d) x 173mm (h)
- Weight: 18 kg / 39.7 lbs.
- 1.5m 10a IEC Mains Power Lead
- Reference ULTIMA PRE 2 Remote
- ULTIMA PRE 2 Owners Manual