The World’s First Bluetooth ARTX HD Turntable
Bluetooth aptX HD liberates your record player from the hi-fi rack. With the freedom to place Alva TT anywhere you like, your records are invited into the lime-light. Your music can be streamed from Alva TT to any Bluetooth receiver at up to 24bit/48kHz Hi-Res, which means you’re guaranteed an authentic vinyl experience, wherever it’s placed.
Alva TT’s custom designed, integrated phonostage simplifies process of a physical connection - removing the need for extra boxes in your set-up. This phonostage builds on the success of Cambridge Audio's award-winning, 5-star standalone pre-amplifiers, the Alva Solo and Alva Duo, reducing unwanted noise while preserving the characteristic warmth of your vinyl.
The cartridge on the Alva TT is pre-installed. There’s no tricky set-up needed, and it’s perfectly matched to the other components in the turntable. Cambridge Audio opted for a High-Output Moving Coil (MC) cartridge with an exposed cantilever design. It reduces unwanted resonance and vibration, delivers high levels of gain and outstanding musical detail during playback.
Your records are your prized possessions, so a detachable dust cover is included with the Alva TT to protect whatever your spinning.
Rather than go for a Belt Drive system with the ALVA TT, Cambridge Audio opted for a medium-torque Direct Drive. Over time, the elastic used on a Belt Drive turntable can stretch and will need to be replaced. As a result of this wear, Belt Drive turntables traditionally have a less accurate playback speed than their Direct Drive cousins. This isn’t a problem on the ALVA TT – it has just 0.06% Wow and Flutter. This means a far better pitch stability – particularly during longer, more sustained musical notes.
Complimenting the Direct Drive motor, the platter on the Alva TT is both dense and heavy. It’s made from Polyoxymethylene (POM), an high-tech engineering thermoplastic used in precision parts requiring high stiffness and excellent dimensional stability. The weight of the platter, coupled with their medium torque Direct Drive motor, ensures excellent speed stability during playback of your records.
The Alva TT uses a classic British-made one-piece tonearm. There are no joints, giving it the best possible grounding for the cartridge and offering extremely low friction. It’s designed to retrieve the maximum amount of sonic detail from the cartridge and therefore your records.
- Drive Type: Direct Drive
- Turntable Speeds: 33 1/3, 45 rpm
- Motor Torque: 1.6kg/cm
- Wow & Flutter: <0.1%
- Turntable Platter: POM (Polyoxymethylene)
- Diameter: 305mm
- Tonearm Type: One piece aluminium casting
- Tonearm Effective Length: 238mm
- Tonearm Overhang: 17.2mm
- Tonearm Effective Mass: 11g
- Phono Stage Gain @ 1kHz: 42dB
- Phono Stage Nominal Output (with CA cartridge): 250m Vrms
- Phono Stage Equivalent Input Noise (A-weighted): 0.1u Vrms
- Phono Stage RIAA Curve Accuracy: +/- 0.3dB 30Hz-20Hz
- Phono Stage Signal/Noise Ratio (ref 1V out, 20-20K BW): >90dB
- Phono Stage THD+N 1kHz: 0.0025%
- Phono Stage Input Impedance: 47kΩ
- Phono Stage Input Capacitance: 320pF
- Audio Outputs: RCA line level
- Bluetooth: SBC, aptX, aptX HD
- Power Supply: AC 100-240V, 60/50Hz
- Power Consumption: 6W Approx, 20W max, <0.5W (Standby)
- Dimensions (W x H x D): 435 x 139 x 368mm
- Weight: 11 kg/24 lbs.
- Cartridge Type: High Output Moving Coil
- Cartridge Frequency Response: +/- 1dB 30Hz-20kHz
- Cartridge Stylus: Elliptical
- Cartridge Cantilever: Aluminium
- Cartridge Output Level: 2mV @ 1kHz
- Cartridge Tracking Force: 2g
- Cartridge Recommended Load: 47kΩ