When routing and attenuating signals, a Chord preamplifier both has flexible input and output options, and delivers the purest audio experience with absolutely no colouration and minimal distortion.
The CPA 5000 is one of two ultra-high-performance models in the flagship Reference range, representing Chord's finest preamp engineering. The CPA 5000 offers a substantially larger chassis than the Standard Series preamps and contains the latest proprietary ultra-high-frequency power supply. When combined with our ultra-low-noise circuitry, the technologies give the CPA 5000 an incredible noise floor performance of below -130dB.
The CPA 5000 is highly flexible, too. It offers four pairs of fully balanced inputs, four pairs unbalanced inputs, plus two completely independent tape/recording loops. Each input has six levels of gain that can be individually selected to prevent large changes in volume when switching between inputs and all settings are stored via a microprocessor, even if power is removed. The CPA 5000 also includes two low-distortion, low-noise front panel headphone outputs to exploit the full potential of today’s high-quality headphones and give added flexibility for late-night or personal listening.
Also included, is fully balanced A/V bypass circuitry for direct connection to A/V processors, 12V remote triggering outputs at the rear of the unit to activate power amplifiers or A/V processors on power-up, plus Chord’s legendary aircraft-grade solid aluminium casework.
Available in Black or Silver Finish.
Inputs & Outputs: 8 Stereo Inputs and 1 Stereo Outputs
4x Stereo Balanced XLR Inputs – Line In 1, Line In 2, Line In 3, and Line In 4
4x Stereo Unbalanced RCA Inputs – Line In 5, Line In 6, Tape 1, Tape 2
1x Stereo Output – Either via Balanced XLR or Unbalanced RCA
1x Stereo Balanced XLR AV Bypass Input
- Frequency Range: 2.5Hz – 200kHz +/- 3dB
- Total Harmonic Distortion: 0.002% 20Hz – 20kHz
- Intermodulation Distortion: -120dB on all inputs
- Signal to Noise Ratio: -120dB on all inputs
- Channel Separation: 20Hz @ 100dB, 1kHz @ 95dB, 10kHz @ 90dB, 20kHz @ 85dB
- Channel Balance: 0.01dB
- Input Max Voltage: 17v RMS Balanced – 8.5v RMS Unbalanced
- Output Max Voltage: 17v RMS Balanced – 8.5v RMS Unbalanced
- Output Offset: 0mV (Both Channels)
- Potentiometer Performance: 0dB 0.5dB, -20dB 0.2dB, -60dB 0.24dB (13seconds Full Travel)
- Nominal Gain: All inputs subject to six levels of switchable gain – x0.5, x1, x1.5, x2, x2.5, and x3
- Input Impedance: 100 kΩ Balanced – 50 kΩ Unbalanced
- Output Impedance: 100Ω (Short Circuit Protected)
- Operating Voltage: 85v – 270v AC (50Hz – 60Hz) Auto Switching
- Power Consumption: 30w
- Dimensions Without Integra Legs: 420mm (w) x 355mm (d) x 133mm (h)
- Dimensions With Included Integra Legs: 480mm (w) x 355mm (d) x 173mm (h)
- Weight: 18 kg