NOW BACK IN STOCK!
Chord Electronics has launched its most advanced DAC to date. Given the acronym DAVE, Chord''s latest-generation digital-to-analogue converter features the very best conversion technology available, using proprietary techniques never seen before.
DAVE is a highly advanced reference-grade DAC, digital preamp and headphone amplifier. Hand-made in Kent, DAVE is based around a proprietary FPGA (Field Programmable Gate Array) offering more than ten times the program capacity of its predecessor.
At its heart lies a new (and in electronics terms, huge) LX75 version of the Spartan 6 Field Programmable Gate Array (FPGA). The FPGA''s extraordinary capability enables a number of key sonic benefits including significantly improved timing and the best noise-shaper performance of any known DAC. DAVE''s technology delivers music with unmatched reality and musicality, with an unrivaled timing response.
Available in Black or Silver Finish.
- USB B-style 44 kHz to 768 kHz
- DXD and Quad DSD
- 2x optical, 44kHz to 192kHz
- 1 x AES, 44kHz to 192kHz
- 4 x Coax, 44kHz to 384kHz
- Dual-data mode available
- 2x ultra-high-speed coax 768kHz dual-data mode (for use with future-unannounced Chord Electronics products)
- Frequency Response: 20Hz to 20kHz +/- 0.1dB
- THD +N: 127.5dB (AWT)
- Channel Separation: >125dB @ 1kHz
- Dynamic Range: 127.5dB (AWT)
- Headphone Output:
- 1% THD 6.8v RMS with 300Ω (154mW)
- 1% THD 6.8v RMS with 33Ω (1.4w)
- Output Impedance: 0.0055Ω (short circuit protected)
- Operating Voltage: 90v AC – 250v AV auto switching 50Hz – 60Hz
- Dimensions (including connectors): 333.5mm (W) x 71mm (H) x 154mm (D)
- Weight: 7kg