When routing and attenuating signals, a Chord preamplifier both has flexible input and output options, and delivers the purest audio experience with absolutely no colouration and minimal distortion.
The CPA 3000 shares many of the features found in the entry-level CPA 2500, but also draws on technologies found in Chord's flagship Reference range preamps. Compared to its CPA 2500 sibling, the CPA 3000 introduces four balanced inputs with three unbalanced RCA inputs and, on the output side, there are one pair of balanced XLR outputs and a single pair of unbalanced RCA outputs.
The CPA 3000 also retains the record output facility shared with the CPA 2500: a single tape loop is available for playback and also to record from any of the connected sources. It also benefits from features such as Chord's proprietary high-frequency switch-mode power supply and ultra-low-noise circuitry, to give the very best noise floor performance.
Front panel controls allow for easy input and output selection and a remote control offers further flexibility. The fascia features a large easy-to-read vacuum fluorescent display and on the CPA 3000, signal-detection indicators have been replaced with highly accurate VU meters giving both clear signal detection and accurate input level.
Further features include a precision motorised Alps potentiometer for the volume control, fully balanced A/V bypass circuitry for the direct connection to A/V processors from stereo mode and 12V remote triggering outputs at the rear of the unit, to activate power amplifiers or A/V processors on power-up.
Available in Black or Silver Finish.
Inputs & Outputs: 7 Stereo Inputs and 3 Stereo Outputs
3x Stereo Unbalanced RCA Inputs – Line In 5, Line In 6, and Tape 1
4x Stereo Balanced XLR Inputs – Line In 1, Line In 2, Line In 3, and Line In 4
1x Stereo Balanced XLR Output
2x Stereo Unbalanced RCA Output
1x Stereo Balanced XLR AV Bypass Inputs
- Frequency Range: 2.5Hz – 200kHz +/- 3dB
- Total Harmonic Distortion: 0.002% 20Hz – 20kHz
- Intermodulation Distortion: -100dB on all inputs
- Signal to Noise Ratio: -93dB on all inputs
- Channel Separation: 10Hz @ 90dB, 1kHz @ 90dB, 10kHz @ 90dB, 20kHz @ 85dB
- Channel Balance: 0.01dB
- Input Max Voltage: 10v RMS Balanced – 5v RMS Unbalanced
- Output Max Voltage: 15v RMS Balanced – 5v RMS Unbalanced
- Output Offset: 0mV (Both Channels)
- Potentiometer Performance: 0dB 0.5dB, -20dB 0.2dB, -60dB 0.24dB (13seconds Full Travel)
- Nominal Gain: Fixed at x 1.1
- Input Impedance: 94 kΩ Balanced – 75 kΩ Unbalanced
- Output Impedance: 100Ω (Short Circuit Protected)
- Operating Voltage: 85v – 270v AC (50Hz – 60Hz) Auto Switching
- Dimensions Without Integra Legs: 420mm (w) x 355mm (d) x 88mm (h)
- Dimensions With Included Integra Legs: 480mm (w) x 355mm (d) x 128mm (h)
- Weight: 10 kg