When routing and attenuating signals, a Chord preamplifier both has flexible input and output options, and delivers the purest audio experience with absolutely no colouration and minimal distortion.
The CPA 2500 is Chord's entry-level preamp and represents the most affordable way into Chord pre/power ownership. A full-width design and the perfect complement to the SPM 650 power amp, the CPA 2500 allows the direct connection of up to six ancillary devices via its unbalanced RCA inputs. For high-performance connections and longer cable runs between pre/power amps, the CPA 2500 is equipped with two pairs of balanced outputs and one pair of unbalanced RCA outputs. Although suitably minimalist in its configuration, the CPA 2500’s balanced output amplifier section utilizes a highly accurate, high-performance design, capable of delivering the transparency that Chord amplification has become internationally known for.
The unit can be controlled manually, or via the supplied remote control handset. A front-panel vacuum fluorescent display shows input source selection and volume control functions, which are displayed digitally with figures from 00 to 98. The fascia features balance and motorized ALPS volume controls, input, and output selection BUS switches and a remote IR sensor. Further features include two separate monitor inputs and outputs, for monitoring/recording to CD-R/RW, DAT etc.
The CPA 2500 is hand-crafted from aircraft-grade aluminium to exacting standards, giving a superb rigid construction, unsurpassed vibration-damping and stunning aesthetics
Available in Black or Silver Finish.
Inputs & Outputs: 6 Stereo Inputs and 3 Stereo Outputs.
6x Stereo Unbalanced RCA Inputs-Disc 1, Disc 2, Video, Radio, Tape 1 and Tape 2
2x Stereo XLR Balanced Outputs-Output 1 and Output 2
1x Stereo Unbalanced RCA Outputs-Output 1
2x Input selector busses-Each bus connected to one monitor output
Fully analogue internal circuity
- Harmonic Distortion: 10Hz -90dB 10kHz -89dB, 1kHz -91dB 20kHz -87dB
- Intermodulation Distortion: -100dB on all inputs
- Signal to Noise Ratio: -93dB all inputs except Video (-83dB)
- Channel Separation:
- 10Hz 93dB 10kHz 91dB
- 1kHz 95dB 20kHz 89dB
- Channel Balance: 0.01dB
- Frequency Range: 2.5Hz – 200kHz (-3dB)
- Input Max:
- Disc 1 3.6V rms Radio 3.6V rms
- Disc 2 3.6V rms Tape 1 3.6V rms
- Video 3.6V rms Tape 2 3.6V rms
- Nominal Gain: 1:1.3 (1V AC In gives 1.3V AC Out) RCA in to RCA out
- Input Impedance: 47k ohms
- Output Max: 15.6V rms balanced, 7.8V rms unbalanced
- Output Impedance: 470ohms (short circuit protected)
- Dimensions Without Integra Legs: 420 x 88 x 355 (W x H x D)
- Dimensions With Included Integra Legs: 480 x 88 x 395 (W x H x D)
- Weight: 10 kg