Vivid Audio KAYA 90 Floorstanding Loudspeakers (Pr.)
Vivid Audio's top-of-the-range KAYA model, the KAYA 90 delivers an effortless, powerful and focused sound that connects you directly and intimately with the music. These three-way floor-standing loudspeakers combine some of their very best audio technology with a slim, unobtrusive profile, making them easy to live with, as well as a joy to listen to.
A RICH PEDIGREE
Like all the KAYA series, the KAYA 90 shares its DNA with Vivid Audio's GIYA loudspeakers. That family connection is immediately evident visually in the KAYA 90’s smoothly curved contours. But it’s your ears that will truly confirm their common ancestry. The KAYA 90 is so called because it has an internal volume of 90 litres. That, combined with its four patented reaction-cancelling drivers and Tapered Tube loading – the same technology They pioneered with GIYA – gives the KAYA 90 its astonishing clarity and articulation in the bass.
The curved bass absorber horn is the defining external feature of the GIYA loudspeakers. It’s there for unarguable engineering reasons: it absorbs resonances and coloration, so you can hear every note with perfect precision and clarity. With the KAYA 90, the horn is still there; for the same reasons, and giving you the same benefits. The difference is that it’s folded back on itself, so it curves round inside the enclosure. So KAYA 90 gives you the same resonance-free sound in the lower mid-range, from a slimmer, more understated profile you may find easier to live with.
A DEEP UNDERSTANDING
With many conventional three-way loudspeakers, it’s possible to tune into the bass, mid-range and tweeter as separate parts of the sound field. That’s something Vivid Audio worked strenuously on to avoid with KAYA 90. Using all-aluminium drive units, and crossovers developed and built entirely in-house, they’ve made the transition between drivers totally seamless. Vivid Audio has also set the tweeter in a shallow waveguide, so that the sound is projected forwards rather than dispersing sideways. The result is perfect continuity in the sound, and a more focused listening experience unaffected by your room acoustics.
- Configuration: 3 way 6 driver system
- Cabinet Material: Glass reinforced Soric-cored sandwich composite
- Cabinet Colour: Piano Black, Pearl White, Oyster Matte
- Drive Units:
- HF: D26 – 26mm Tapered Tube loaded alloy dome
- MF: C100se – 100mm Tapered Tube loaded alloy dome
- LF: C125L – 4 x 125mm alloy cone units
- Bass Loading: Exponentially Tapered Tube enhanced bass reflex
- Sensitivity: 90dB @ 2.83VRMS at 1m on axis
- Nominal Impedacnce (Ω): 6 Ohm (4. Ohm Min)
- Frequency Range (Hz): 35 – 25,000 Hz (-6dB)
- First D26 Break Up mode: 44,000 Hz
- Harmonic Distortion (2nd and 3rd harmonics): < 0.5% over frequency range at 1W
- Cross Over Frequencies (Hz): 300 – 3,000
- Recommended Amplifier Power: 25W – 500W
- Loudspeaker Dimensions: 1,202mm (H) x 370mm (W) x 540mm (D)
- Net Weight: 38kg