The KAYA 45 is designed for everyday spaces, as well as dedicated listening rooms; to be part of the room, not necessarily its principal feature. Wherever you choose to locate it, KAYA 45 draws you deep into performance with its focused, natural sound, and reveals your favourite music in the kind of detail you never imagined possible.
NEW LOOK. SAME SOUND.
One of the defining characters of Vivid Audio loudspeakers is the incredible clarity and articulation in the bass. Gone is the muddiness, the blurring of the notes: all is perfectly separate and distinct. And that matters. After all, as Debussy (may have) said: music is the spaces between the notes. That clarity is the result of our patented absorber horn, which eliminates resonances and coloration. In the GIYA series, it curves over the top of the enclosure, creating that un-mistakeable outline. It’s still present, for the same reasons, in the KAYA 45, but folded back on itself, so it fits neatly inside. So you can enjoy the same extraordinary sound, from a loudspeaker that’s also easy on the eye.
AN ATTRACTIVE DEVELOPMENT
The KAYA 45 is a direct descendant of Vivid Audio's GIYA loudspeakers, and shares much of the same technology. This includes their Super Flux Magnets in the driver units. These radial magnets, still very unusual in commercial loudspeakers, naturally have a large hole in the centre, which allows the sound to flow naturally from the diaphragm into the absorber, free from resonances and reflections. On GIYA models, they use these magnets in the bass drivers: for KAYA, we’ve fitted them to the mind-range driver, too. Here, they reduce distortion and improve performance in the higher frequencies. And prove that you really can make a good thing even better.
FORM FOLLOWS FUNCTION
KAYA 45 can easily fill the largest room with sound. Compared to the four-way GIYA, it produces a slightly more directional sound field; this is largely a function of being a three-way loudspeaker, with the tweeter sound projected forwards rather than sideways. As a consequence, the sound is more focused, lending itself to more concentrated listening it’s also absolutely brilliant for home theatre, where the precise positioning of the sound source is a central element of the overall experience.
- Configuration: 3 way 4 driver system
- Cabinet Material: Glass reinforced Soric-cored sandwich composite
- Cabinet Colour: Piano Black, Pearl White, Oyster Matte
- Drive Units:
- HF: D26 – 26mm Tapered Tube loaded alloy dome
- MF: C100se – 100mm Tapered Tube loaded alloy dome
- LF: C125L – 2 x 125mm alloy cone unit
- Bass Loading: Exponentially Tapered Tube enhanced bass reflex
- Sensitivity: 87dB @ 2.83VRMS at 1m on axis
- Nominal Impedacnce (Ω): 6 Ohm (2.8 Ohm Min)
- Frequency Range (Hz): 37 – 25,000 Hz (-6dB)
- First D26 Break Up mode: 44,000 Hz
- Harmonic Distortion (2nd and 3rd harmonics): < 0.5% over frequency range at 1W
- Cross Over Frequencies (Hz): 300 – 3,000
- Recommended Amplifier Power: 25W – 500W
- Loudspeaker Dimensions: 1,153mm (H) x 298mm (W) x 385mm (D)
- Net Weight: 25kg