Consignment Sale - $9,500.00 - Regular Price - $12,999.00
1 Pair Available in Walnut Finish
The D9 is an elegant, modern, 3-way loudspeaker. They deliver music with exceptional resolution and a vibrant realism with any genre. Easy to drive and highly efficient, the D9 is also remarkably flexible and can be placed in any living environment.
SPENDOR LPZ (LINEAR PRESSURE ZONE) TWEETER
The goal of every tweeter designer is to achieve linear acoustic output over a wide frequency range. In practice this is extremely difficult. Spendor’s approach to this age-old challenge is radical, and it works. The Spendor LPZ tweeter is built around a stainless steel front plate which forms a damped acoustic chamber directly in front of a lightweight woven polyamide diaphragm.
The front plate incorporates a phase correcting micro foil to equalize sound wave path lengths across the diaphragm surface, simultaneously it generates a symmetrical pressure environment on both faces of the tweeter diaphragm so the tweeter operates in a balanced linear mode. The front plate also provides excellent mechanical protection for the delicate tweeter dome and a smart modern appearance.
The D9 mid-bass drive unit has an advanced EP77 polymer cone mid-range drive unit. Housed in an isolated enclosure at the top of the cabinet, it handles only mid-range frequencies which eliminates mid-low frequency intermodulation. It delivers music with superb clarity and vanishingly low colouration. The two D9 low frequency drivers have ultra-rigid, two part bonded, lightweight Kevlar composite cone assemblies. The drivers are in a large dedicated low-frequency acoustic enclosure. The D9 delivers accurate powerful bass without distortion or compression. All three drivers feature cast magnesium alloy chassis, high efficiency motor systems, optimized electro-dynamic damping, and excellent thermal dissipation for wide dynamic range. New polymer surrounds with very stable molecular composition reduce driver ‘break-in’ time significantly.
- Description: 3 way floor standing loudspeaker
- Enclosure type: Rigid, asymmetric braced, vented cabinet with dynamic damping
- Vent type: Fifth generation Spendor linear flow, tapered twin-venturi port
- Input connection: Single pair recessed precision binding posts
- Typical in-room response: 27Hz - 25kHz
- Power handling: 250 watts unclipped programme
- Sensitivity: 90dB for 1 watt at 1 metre
- Nominal impedance: 8 ohms
- HF driver: Spendor 22mm LPZ polyamide dome
- Mid driver: Spendor 7" EP77 polymer cone
- Bass driver: 2 x Spendor 7" Kevlar© composite cone
- Crossover frequencies: 500Hz, 4.2kHz
- Net Weight: 87lbs
- Dimensions (HxWxD): 44.3" x 8.3" x 15.2"