Preamplifier with phono, digital and line inputs.
The advanced Pre Box DS2 Digital is an universal and very flexible pre-amplifier and D/A converter of highest class. The built in D/A converter AK4490, from high end manufacturer Asahi Kasai Microdevices, has five different digital filters which let you shape the sound to your preference. It offers full DSD256 support and upsampling of all input signals to 768kHz from USB, coaxial and optical inputs. This realizes high-resolution sound playback with a rich sound field and bass representation with less distortion. It features five digital inputs as well as analogue line level input and phono line in. The Bluetooth receiver supports aptX for best wireless sound conversion. That makes it suitable for any source available. One variable, one fixed analogue output and also one to connect the Pre Box DS2 Digital to your subwoofer are available. The samplerate converter (AK4137) features three different settings (sound modes). All that makes the Pre Box DS2 Digital the most versatile audiophile pre-amplifier D/A converter in its price range!
Due to its class-leading audio performance Pre Box DS2 Digital is an ultimate high-end bargain!
Available in Silver Finish with Walnut wooden side panels.
- Phono stage (MM/MC), Line In on board
- 5 digital Inputs: 1x USB, 2x optical, 1x coax, 1x Bluetooth (aptX)
- Top grade AK4490 D/A chip (32-bit PCM 768kHz / DSD256)
- Up to 32bit/768kHz asynchronous USB (XMOS technology)
- DSD64, DSD128 & DSD256 (DSD over PCM)
- Up to 24bit/192kHz for optical & coax inputs
- 5 selectable digital filter characteristics
- 3 selectable sound modes
- Headphone output on the front (6.3mm)
- High-end ultra low phase oscillator with superior noise rejection
- RCA line level solid-state analogue output stage
- Ultra linear & ultra low noise circuitry
- 2 Analogue Inputs: 1x Line In (RCA), 1x Phono Line In (RCA)
- 5 Digital Inputs: 1x coax (S/PDIF), 2x optical (TOSlink®), USB B, Bluetooth(aptX)
- D/A-converter: AK4490 32-bit PCM 768kHz / DSD256
- Sampling Rate Converter: AK4137EQ upsampling to 768kHz
- Sampling Rates: 32/44,1/48/88,2/96/176,2/192/352,8/384/768 kHz
- DSD Support: DSD64, DSD128 and DSD256
- Filter Settings: 5 different selectable on front
- Frequency Response: 20Hz - 20kHz (+0/-1dB)
- Analogue Outputs: 1 x 6.3mm Headphone Out (front), 1 x Sub Out, 1 x Fix Out (RCA), 1 x Variable Out (RCA)
- Output Voltage: 2.2 Veff (switchable +6dB gain gives 4.4 Veff )
- THD: 0.00085%
- Crosstalk: -117dB (10kHz@0dB)
- Signal to Noise Ratio: 113dB (20 - 20.000 kHz)
- Power Consumption: <1 Watt standby, 600mA max
- Outboard Power Supply: 18V/1000mA DC (included)
- Dimensions W x H x D: 240 x 72 x 220 mm
- Weight: 2000 g without powersupply