Made in Canada, the MOON 880M Power Amplifier is a fully balanced differential mono design that effortlessly outputs 800 watts into 8 ohms and 1600 watts into 4 ohms. Despite this amplifier's astonishingly high power rating, its imaging, transparency and soundstage characteristics are as good as it gets. Ultimately, the 880M will mate seamlessly with any loudspeaker allowing it to reach its full sonic potential, regardless of its load.
Several recent in-house developed advancements allow the MOON 880M to perform with the accuracy and grain-free character of their lower powered amplifiers; These include (i) MOON output transistors, specifically designed for use in their amplifiers, providing tighter and more visceral bass performance, as well as unprecedented linearity though out the entire frequency spectrum; and (ii) their advanced "zero global feedback" circuit, commonly referred to as Lynx. These factors, combined with an extremely high damping factor allow the 880M to reproduce the immense energy that occurs during a symphony orchestra crescendo with unparalleled ease, authority and realism.
Key features you'd expect are present such as an RS-232 port and 12 Volt triggers for custom-install environments.
Available in Black, Silver or Two-Tone Finishes.
- Simaudio's “Lynx” Technology which eliminates feedback and results in: real-time amplification; more accurate musical reproduction with respect to tonality; non-existent transient intermodulation distortion; the elimination of phase errors resulting from feedback.
- Output stable to any known speaker impedance.
- “Class A” power output to 10 watts for greater efficiency.
- A very high damping factor for superior musical dynamics, improved signal speed and refined timbre accuracy.
- Self-diagnostic system that detects both over-heating and the presence of DC in the input signal.
- Output Power at 8Ω: 800 Watts per channel
- Output Power at 4Ω: 1600 Watts per channel
- Input Sensitivity: 2250mV RMS
- Input Impedance: 47,500Ω
- Gain: 31dB
- Signal-to-Noise Ratio: 106dB @ full power
- Frequency Response (full range): 10Hz - 200kHz +0/-3.0dB
- THD (20Hz - 20kHz @ 1 watt / 800 watts): 0.015% / 0.04%
- Intermodulation Distortion: 0.006%
- Shipping Weight: 150 lbs / 67 kgs
- Dimensions (w x h x d): 18.75 x 7.5 x 17.5 in. 47.6 x 19.2 x 44.5 cm.